If you’re not used to driving on snow, here are a few tips that may come in handy:
• When driving on snow, you need to adapt your driving style. Smooth driving will prevent you from skidding. Do not sharply jerk the steering wheel. Take it easy and stay focused on the road.
• Use your lights and check that they are not covered with snow.
• Use engine braking and allow time for increased braking distances. Do not brake suddenly.
• When climbing, go slowly. Do not accelerate too hard.
• When setting off, if you skid in first gear, don’t hesitate to start in second.